Mindful Parenting Workshop. 2017 Annual PAUSWE/NASW-PA Conference. Pocono Manor, PA. September 18, 2017. 2:30-4pm.
Presenter at Universal Health Solutions 2017 Integrative Health Fall Speaker Series. Grand Rapids, MI. October 3, 2017.
KSVY Sonoma. 91.3 FM Hollywood and West Napa Show with Cat Smith. (begins minute 25)
NPR Affiliate WDIY-FM Interview with Eleanor Bobrow. Take Charge of Your Life Show.
Mr. Dad Positive Parenting Podcast with Armin Brott
At UPS in our Women’s Leadership Development group, Shonda really opened our eyes to the benefits of mindfulness and provided tips to fit it in a few minutes every day. It was a fun, interactive, and engaging virtual event that got positive feedback from many in the organization who participated. Everyone can benefit from mindfulness. It is life changing. Thank you, Shonda, for making it so easy to fit into our busy and hectic schedules! Beth A Sprunk, Manager, Global Healthcare Solutions, Customer Solutions, UPS
Shonda very graciously provided a presentation on mindfulness to our Bariatric patients at our monthly support group. Her delivery was mixed with compassion and just the right amount of humor. I was reassured that our patients were moved by her lecture when I received several email messages the next day with specific comments and thoughts that had made an impact. I would highly recommend Shonda’s advice and expertise and we our hoping she will return sometime in the future for a repeat performance. Terri Davis, Program Coordinator, St. Luke's Hospital
AVAILABLE KEYNOTE/WORKSHOP TOPICS:
Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life —Through both didactic and experiential instruction participants will learn:
- What mindfulness is.
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation.
- The mental, physical, behavioral, and spiritual benefits of mindfulness.
- How to develop a daily meditation and mindfulness habit.
- Various forms of meditation.
Breathe, Mama, Breathe: 5-Minute Mindfulness for Busy Moms —Through both didactic and experiential instruction participants will learn:
- How to infuse life with more calm and energy while remaining efficient and productive with 5-minute mindfulness practices.
- How to establish a daily habit of mindfulness meditation with the guided breath awareness practice.
- To identify various mindful breaks that can be used in the midst of busy parenting.
- Learn quick strategies (mindful breaks) for challenging moments when immediate access to some calm is needed.
- Ways to highlight the ordinary, beautiful moments often missed while operating on autopilot.
Mindfulness for Helping Professionals —Through both didactic and experiential instruction participants will learn:
- What mindfulness is, the difference between mindfulness and meditation, and how to develop their own practice in order to prevent burnout and enhance helping skills.
- How meditation changes the brain as well as experience various mindfulness practices.
- How to present simple mindfulness practices to clients and how to use mindfulness in their own interactions.
Losing My Mind(fulness): How to Regain Sanity in Parenthood with 5 Minutes a Day —Through both didactic and experiential instruction participants will learn:
- Stress-reduction practices easily incorporated into a busy life.
- Simple mindfulness meditations and how to practice with kids.
- Ways to stay more calm and aware throughout the day.
- How to be more in control of responses to stressful situations, rather than reacting habitually and in less than ideal ways.
- How to savor what is already present in life.
Belly Full or Mindful: Adventures in Mindful Eating
- Learn about mindfulness, meditation, and the steps of mindful eating.
- Learn how to follow your inner compass to guide you on lifelong path of mindful eating.
- Identify unhealthy eating triggers and various coping strategies.
- Learn how to cope with unhealthy patterns of thinking and behavior affecting eating.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. LV PAHCOM. Folino Winery, Kutztown, PA. July 26th.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. LVIA Wellness Program Lunch and Learn. Allentown, PA. July 17th.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. Peoples Security Bank and Trust Company. King of Prussia, PA. June 14th.
- Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Women's Summit. Mindfulness Panel. Cedar Crest College. Allentown, PA. June 7th.
- Book Signing. Barnes and Noble. Lehigh Valley Mall. Whitehall, PA. May 13th.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. Peoples Security Bank and Trust Company. Bethlehem, PA. April 27th.
- Book Signing. Clinton Book Shop. Clinton, NJ. March 11th.
- STRESSED? The Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Women's Business Council presents Mindful Living. February 28, 2017.
- UPS Women's Leadership Development Call. February 24, 2017.
- Book Signing. Let's Play Books. Emmaus, PA. February 18, 2017.
- Belly Full or Mindful: Adventures in Mindful Eating. St. Luke's Bariatric Surgery Program Support Group. February 15, 2017. 7-9pm. Scottish Rite Cathedral, Allentown, PA. (open to the public)
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe: A shared mom and kids workshop for more calm, gratitude, and mindfulness. The Yoga Loft. Bethlehem, PA. January 21, 2017. Joint event with Kira Willey.
- The Wisdom Coalition Camp Connect. Rodale Farm, Allentown, PA. August 2016
- Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center, Breinigsville, PA. Monthly Tea and Mindfulness: 5-Minute Mindfulness for Busy Moms. Ongoing monthly. 2015-present
- Circle of Seasons Waldorf Charter School, Fogelsville, PA. April 2015
- Lehigh Valley Montessori Academy, Macungie, PA. 2014
- Whitehall Moms Club, Whitehall, PA. 2013
What workshop participants are saying:
“Thank you for bringing calm and peaceful self-reflection to my life!”
“I enjoyed interspersing information with practice. I also felt that we were taking care of ourselves… and not just receiving information.”
“It fit right in to where I am right now in my life and provided me with very useful and easy ways to reduce my stress throughout my day and to help provide my family with a calmer atmosphere. Thank you.”
“I appreciate your caring calm, but fun tone. I enjoyed your insights and your kindness and your way of making us feel heard.”
“This workshop was extremely useful and helped me to understand how I can create more balance in my life. It was truly life-changing for my husband, who is trying to deal with a very full plate right now. He plans to pursue more mindfulness training.”
“I have been doing the 3-breath hugs. I love it. My husband also "tried" it and I found we relax more and hug longer! It was an awesome experience!!”
Workshops can be tailored to fit your group’s needs.
To schedule your event contact Elizabeth Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com