Universal Health Solutions, a non-profit dedicated to educating the public about integrative health practices, invited Shonda to present on her book, Breathe Mama Breathe in Grand Rapids, MI. It was a big success! The audience was impressed with her lovely, calm presence, her expertise as a therapist and parent, and the numerous practical suggestions she offered. Shonda also appeared effortlessly in two TV spots for us. I highly recommend her as a presenter and facilitator.
Betsy Willey, UHS board member
At UPS in our Women’s Leadership Development group, Shonda really opened our eyes to the benefits of mindfulness and provided tips to fit it in a few minutes every day. It was a fun, interactive, and engaging virtual event that got positive feedback from many in the organization who participated. Everyone can benefit from mindfulness. It is life changing. Thank you, Shonda, for making it so easy to fit into our busy and hectic schedules! Beth A Sprunk, Manager, Global Healthcare Solutions, Customer Solutions, UPS
Shonda very graciously provided a presentation on mindfulness to our Bariatric patients at our monthly support group. Her delivery was mixed with compassion and just the right amount of humor. I was reassured that our patients were moved by her lecture when I received several email messages the next day with specific comments and thoughts that had made an impact. I would highly recommend Shonda’s advice and expertise and we our hoping she will return sometime in the future for a repeat performance. Terri Davis, Program Coordinator, St. Luke's Hospital
What workshop participants are saying:
“Thank you for bringing calm and peaceful self-reflection to my life!”
“I enjoyed interspersing information with practice. I also felt that we were taking care of ourselves… and not just receiving information.”
“It fit right in to where I am right now in my life and provided me with very useful and easy ways to reduce my stress throughout my day and to help provide my family with a calmer atmosphere. Thank you.”
“I appreciate your caring calm, but fun tone. I enjoyed your insights and your kindness and your way of making us feel heard.”
“This workshop was extremely useful and helped me to understand how I can create more balance in my life. It was truly life-changing for my husband, who is trying to deal with a very full plate right now. He plans to pursue more mindfulness training.”
“I have been doing the 3-breath hugs. I love it. My husband also "tried" it and I found we relax more and hug longer! It was an awesome experience!!”
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. Sodexo Education. Hayes District. Blue Grillhouse, Bethlehem, PA. January 23rd.
- Presenter at Universal Health Solutions 2017 Integrative Health Fall Speaker Series. Grand Rapids, MI. October 3, 2017.
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe: A shared mom and kids workshop for more calm, gratitude, and mindfulness. The Yoga Loft. Bethlehem, PA. September 30, 2017. 12:30-2pm. Joint event with Kira Willey.
- Mindful Parenting Workshop. 2017 Annual PAUSWE/NASW-PA Conference. Pocono Manor, PA. September 18, 2017. 2:30-4pm.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. LV PAHCOM. Folino Winery, Kutztown, PA. July 26th.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. LVIA Wellness Program Lunch and Learn. Allentown, PA. July 17th.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. Peoples Security Bank and Trust Company. King of Prussia, PA. June 14th.
- Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Women's Summit. Mindfulness Panel. Cedar Crest College. Allentown, PA. June 7th.
- Book Signing. Barnes and Noble. Lehigh Valley Mall. Whitehall, PA. May 13th.
- Mind Full or Mindful: Simple Ways to Bring Mindfulness into a Busy Life. Peoples Security Bank and Trust Company. Bethlehem, PA. April 27th.
- Book Signing. Clinton Book Shop. Clinton, NJ. March 11th.
- STRESSED? The Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Women's Business Council presents Mindful Living. February 28, 2017.
- UPS Women's Leadership Development Call. February 24, 2017.
- Book Signing. Let's Play Books. Emmaus, PA. February 18, 2017.
- Belly Full or Mindful: Adventures in Mindful Eating. St. Luke's Bariatric Surgery Program Support Group. February 15, 2017. 7-9pm. Scottish Rite Cathedral, Allentown, PA.
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe: A shared mom and kids workshop for more calm, gratitude, and mindfulness. The Yoga Loft. Bethlehem, PA. January 21, 2017. Joint event with Kira Willey.
- The Wisdom Coalition Camp Connect. Rodale Farm, Allentown, PA. August 2016
- Twin Ponds Integrative Health Center, Breinigsville, PA. Monthly Tea and Mindfulness: 5-Minute Mindfulness for Busy Moms. Ongoing monthly. 2015-present
- Circle of Seasons Waldorf Charter School, Fogelsville, PA. April 2015
- Lehigh Valley Montessori Academy, Macungie, PA. 2014
- Whitehall Moms Club, Whitehall, PA. 2013